Chef Trainer and Mentor – Maggie Beer Foundation
Full time – based in NSW, VIC, TAS, SA and WA
Starting February 2024
Who are we? The Maggie Beer Foundation is an influential charity dedicated to enriching the dining experience for current and future generations of Australians in aged care. In Maggie’s words, “Food is nutrition not just for the body, but also for the soul… It’s what fires our appetite for life, no matter what age.”
About the role? You will work with government, aged care homes and health professionals to improve the food and dining experience in aged care. The Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care is funding the Foundation to deliver face to face training to chefs and cooks in aged care homes. The Foundation is building a national network of chefs and cooks to deliver this training.
The Foundation is searching Australia for amazing chefs and cooks to train and mentor others in aged care homes.
Key responsibilities are:
- Training and mentoring others with passion, knowledge and skill
- Motivating others to ‘think outside of the square’ and overcome barriers
- Delivering engaging cooking classes within a set timeframe.
Qualities, skills and experience essential for this role are:
- Experience in the Aged Care environment
- Minimum of 5 years in senior commercial kitchen roles
- Experience managing, leading and developing a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to share knowledge and skills in a friendly and relatable manner
- Excellent time management skills and able to work independently
- Very good problem solving skills
- Adaptable, innovative, reliable and calm
- Must be willing to travel within and between States and Territories
- Able to use core administration tools i.e., Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Strong and enthusiastic commitment to spread the MBF vision.
- An authentic sense of empathy, integrity and discretion.
Skills and experience desired but not essential are:
- Previous teaching experience
- Successfully completed the Maggie Beer Foundation online learning modules.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In the letter, please tell us:
- Why do you want this role?
- What is your experience in aged care and training others?
- What skills and experience you will bring to this role (as set out in the selection criteria).
Applications close midnight 30 November 2023.