Many of life’s comforts can be found in a bowl of flavour packed warming soup, give this recipe a go!
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 220c, line 2 oven trays with parchment paper
- Rinse the carrots, cut into inch pieces and spread over one oven tray.
- Cut 2-3cm thick wedges of pumpkin and spread over the oven tray. Drizzle both the with olive oil, salt and pepper and place into the oven, bake for 40-60minutes or until golden and tender. - Set aside two wedges of pumpkin.
- Place a large pot on the stove over medium heat, add the coconut oil and onion, cook slowly for 10 minutes without colour, add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 5minutes.
- Add in the honey and spices, mix well before deglazing the pan with vinegar.
- Carefully add the roasted carrot and scooped pumpkin flesh from the skin.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream, simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before blending until smooth in a food processor or similar
- Serve warm with Greek yoghurt and toasted pumpkin seeds or fresh bread.
- Season Any
- Cost $1.20 per portion (based on retail prices)
- Ability Easy
- Can Best fresh
- Equipment Stove, pot, oven
|Serving Size: 300ml Yield: 8 serves|
|Per Serving||Per 100g|
|- Saturated (g)||17.8||5.9|
|- Sugars (g)||23.8||8.0|