These biscuits are devilishly moreish and pack in so much flavour, it can be difficult to stop at one!
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line two large baking trays with baking paper
- Sift the flours together and set aside
- Beat together the butter and icing sugar until light and creamy, add in the lemon myrtle then slowly add in the sifted flours until the mixture is combined.
- Take approximately 1.5 tbsp of the biscuit dough, roll into a ball and place on the baking tray. Flatten the ball out slightly and repeat the process until all the dough is rolled.
- Gently mark the top of the dough with a fork then place into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the biscuit is lightly golden then set aside to cool.
- Place softened butter, sifted icing sugar, lemon myrtle and lemon juice in a bowl and whip until creamy.
- Transfer into a piping bag and pipe approximately a tablespoon of filling onto the prepared biscuit. Sandwich together with a second biscuit and repeat the process until complete.