State and Territory Hubs
FREE short courses by our expert Maggie Beer Foundation Chef Trainers, bringing together Aged Care Cooks and Chefs for inspired learning and ongoing peer support.
Course topics include: Tips for Maximizing Flavour, Food Preparation Skills, Texture Modified Food Techniques and Enhancing the Dining Experience. There is also content designed to help you identify and overcome challenges in your kitchen, discussing culture and collaboration.
DURATION 3 or 4 weeks, depending on your location and delivery format
LOCATION All Australian States and Territories
FORMAT Virtual (online + coursework) or Hybrid (online + in-person) depending on your location. Online sessions are 2.5 hours each week.
CLASS SIZE Maximum of 20 people per hub
ELIGIBILITY You must be a cook or chef working in an Aged Care kitchen to participate
Upcoming Hubs (more hubs added regularly)…
You’ll leave the hub with…
- Maggie Beer Foundation Certificate of attendance on completion.
- Access to the Foundation Professional Community; Your content-moderated industry forum site for ongoing education resources.
- A detailed report from the Accredited Dietitian Menu Appraisal and Food Satisfaction Questionnaires (if selected).
- A new support network of industry colleagues and the confidence to apply these skills in your own kitchen.
Extra, optional activities…
MENU APPRAISAL: Who are your heroes? How can you improve your menu and training?
- Submit 3 weeks of standard and texture modified menus plus snacks, with photos across 24hrs.
- An Accredited Practising Dietitian measures variety, nutritional needs and special requirements.
- Schedule a virtual meeting between Food Service Manager and Accredited Practising Dietitian.
- Survey data provided in a report including recommendations for positive change.
- Available to Care Homes who haven’t performed Menu Assessment or Review in the last 6 months.
- Contact details forwarded to Nutrition Professionals Australia for Menu Appraisal.
FOOD SATISFACTION QUESTIONNAIRES (Avail to DEC 2023) : Evidence-based questionnaires measuring resident, family and staff satisfaction with food.
- Flinders University questions are peer-reviewed, valid, reliable, easy measurement of change.
- 42 questions for your staff, 25 questions for residents and 24 questions for family.
- Access and complete the questionnaire via an online portal or receive printed copies.
- Receive online training, a user guide and ongoing support to collect stakeholder data.
- The data you receive will provide clear insight for growth, improvement and opportunity.