The Maggie Beer Foundation, funded by the Australian Federal Government’s Department of Health and Aged Care, are delivering education and training to improve the dining, food, and nutritional outcomes for Australian elders in Aged Care. This education program offers support to Providers, Homes, Cooks and Chefs in a range of activities and they are all FREE!
What’s available for Aged Care Homes?
TRAINER MENTOR PROGRAM (Applications now open, starts March 2024)
FREE 12 month, tailored, in-home mentorship with a Maggie Beer Foundation Chef Trainer
- Available to a maximum of 120 Aged Care Homes across Australia until 2025.
- Includes a Menu Appraisal by an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Food Satisfaction Questionnaire with report.
- Coveted 2-year Maggie Beer Foundation certificate provided for successfully participating Homes.
- Foundation certification provided and access to the Professional Community for participating cooks and chefs.
What’s available for individuals?
STATE AND TERRITORY HUBS (available now)
Short courses for Cooks and Chefs delivered by Maggie Beer Foundation Chef Trainers
- 135 national hubs with a maximum of 20 participants per hub.
- Training delivered online + coursework.
- Optional access to a Menu Appraisal by Accredited Practising Dietitians with results provided.
- Foundation certification provided and access to the Professional Community forum.
ONLINE LEARNING MODULES (Available for Cooks and Chefs too!)
Training resources for Cooks, Chefs and Catering Managers to increase flavour and nutrition
- Access anytime from anywhere, 11 modules available and another 6 coming soon!
- Module videos are 20-40 minutes long and include information packs, recipes, and resource links.
- Successful completion of one or more modules, gives you access to the Professional Community forum.
- Receive a certificate of completion for each successful module.