As the winter nears the end we say goodbye to the hearty warming ingredients such as leeks, mandarins, oranges and root vegetables. Spring is just around the corner with new season asparagus and potatoes, beetroot, spring greens such as snap peas, peas, rocket and flat leaf parsley leaves and spring is the natural season for strawberries.
Perhaps you could try
- A simple warm grilled chicken, steamed asparagus and lentil salad with fresh herbs and an olive oil dressing
- Fresh pea and buttermilk soup- Am sure the residents would love to assist in shelling fresh peas in the afternoon sun.
- Alternatively frozen peas are a great product that Maggie is happy to use
- A salad of roasted beetroot, spring leaf and fetta salad with a balsamic based dressing
- Steamed Asparagus and scrambled eggs for a light tea
- For the cooler nights… roasted Spring lamb shoulder with pea puree and buttered new season potatoes in their skins.
- Finish with ripe strawberries and double cream