Summer stone fruit is just so glorious, this beautiful nectarine puree is sweet, buttery and tangy with subtle herbal notes. Can be served with yoghurts, custards, porridge, modified cereals, ice-cream, or on its own…. it even pairs well with chicken or pork! The nectarines in this recipe are interchangeable with other stone fruits, why not try it with peaches or apricots?
Modification Utensils: Stick Blender or Food Processor
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees
- In a bowl combine peeled and sliced nectarines, brown sugar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and set aside for 15 min
- Place nectarine mix into a small baking dish with the butter, cover with baking paper and tin foil and gently bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and tin foil then bake for another 5 to 10 min until nectarines begin to caramelise. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and discard, modify the nectarine mix with your equipment of choice. Pass the puree through a sieve & its ready to serve