Pumpkin & Walnut, a gorgeous pairing that works remarkably well as a puree. This side dish suitable for IDDSI texture levels 7 through 4 has so much flavour that I’m sure it will surprise and delight your residents.
- 2kg Pumpkin – I used a combination of Butternut & Kent
- 300gm Raw Walnuts
- 100gm Greek Feta
- 2tbsp Honey
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Cut & skin the pumpkin and arrange on a baking tray. Liberally coat with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place into the oven. Roast until tender.
- Spread the walnuts out on a baking tray and place in the oven to toast slightly, 3 to 8 min depending on the oven – keep a close eye on them.
- Place the pumpkin, excess oil from the roasting pan, feta, walnuts and honey into your food processor. (For this modification I used a Robot Coupe Blixer 3) and blend until super smooth.
- Inspect the modification for hard lumps and/or husk & pass through a sieve or tamis if required.
And there you have it, a super decadent & luxurious Pumpkin & Walnut Puree to accompany a variety of meals for IDDSI texture levels 4 through 7.