Preparation 10 minutes Cooking 30 minutes Makes 4 serves Season Any
Cost $1.17 per portion (based on retail prices) Ability Easy Can Best fresh Equipment oven
Tip: Use any ripe seasonal fruit- scoop out the center, fill and roast in the oven. Cooking time will vary due to size and ripeness. If you are not a ginger lover, simply remove and add a pinch of your favouritespice!
- Preheat a fanforced oven to 200c and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the fruit in half, discard seed and removed 1/3 the flesh of the fruit. Trim a tiny piece off the base so the fruit sits flat on the baking tray.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the crumble, 10g butter, syrup, ginger and rosemary- mix well.
- Take 1 heaped tablespoon (1/4 of the mix) and press onto the fruit half- repeat with remaining mix.
- Place on prepared oven tray and drizzle with the last 10g melted butter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (time will vary due to fruit ripeness) or until golden on top and the fruit soft.
- Consume warm with cream, ice cream or other.