Soft and textured, warming and clean. You won’t be disappointed if you top your cracker with excess dip. The lovely earthy flavour of roast beetroot, combined with horseradish, caraway and thyme, bound by sour cream, is sure to liven your elders palates before tea.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 160c.
- Rinse the beetroots, sprinkle generously with sea salt flakes and wrap in foil, place on a tray in the oven for 1-1.5 hours or until tender when skewered (time will vary due to size of beetroots). Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the foil and rub the skins from the beetroots, discard. Roughly chop the flesh (you need 800g) and place into a food processor.
- Place a small pan over medium heat and toast the caraway seeds until aromatic, add to the food processor bowl with remaining ingredients- blend to combine to the desired consistency. (we left a small amount of texture)
- Check seasoning and serve with desired crackers.