Tender braised chicken thigh on a creamy bed of pureed white beans, olive oil and lemon. The aromatic herbs that assist in flavouring this dish will fill the dining room with a scent too good to refuse!
Preparation 25 minutes plus soaking overnight Cooking 1-1.5 hours total Makes 10x serves Cost $4.21 per serve (based on supermarket prices) Season Spring dish Ability Medium
Can Best Fresh Equipment Stove & oven
- Place the apricots into a container with 90ml of verjuice or water - leave overnight
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat - peel the onions and cut into 1cm strips, sauté for 10 minutes with a pinch of salt
- Add the thyme, rosemary, cinnamon and lemon, cook for 1 minute before deglazing with sherry vinegar
- Pour in the stock and verjuice, bring to the boil
- Meanwhile rub honey and seasoning into the chicken
- Take a large baking tray and pour in the onion mix, top with chicken thighs and bake in the preheated oven for 25-35minutes or until chicken is tender, baste occasionally with juices
- Remove from the oven, discard cinnamon and lemon zest, and allow chicken to rest
- Pour the cooking juices into a pan and reduce to make a sauce for the chicken, check seasoning
- Slice chicken and serve alongside onion, apricot mix, white bean puree, steamed and buttered broccoli and sauce. Top with roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place the soaked and rinsed white beans in a high sided pot with 1L water and the rosemary.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 40-60 minutes or until beans are tender (time will vary due to freshness of beans). Allow to cool for 15 minutes before straining- discard rosemary.