Packed with flavour, this hearty versatile savoury cake can be cut as a wedge and served with salad as a main meal or cut into finger food sized portions
- Makes approx. 700g raw mix- 4x 160g pieces (1x 18cm round)
- Cost $1.53 per 160g piece (based on retail prices)
- Season Autumn
- Ability Easy
- Best fresh (base can be made ahead)
- Equipment Stove and oven
- Pre heat a fan forced oven to 180c
- Grease and line with parchment paper, 1x 18cm round pan or similar
- Place a medium pan on the stove to warm, add the coconut oil, onion and salt , cook with out colour until soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook out for 2 minutes, then add the rosemary, turmeric and cumin.
- Place the finely chopped cauliflower with a splash of water into a microwave safe dish, cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked, add to the onion mix.
- Deglaze with verjuice, stir in the kale, allow to wilt and liquid to absorb, then remove from the heat, add parsley and pepper, check the seasoning.
- In a bowl mix the flour and parmesan, add to onion mix along with the eggs, mix to combine, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45minutes or until golden and cooked through, allow to cool for 10 minutes, before cutting and serving. (Note; Oven temperatures vary. If cooking in a larger dish the cooking time will be less due to the thickness.)