This silky smooth dark chocolate mousse will delight every taste bud. Providing energy, protein and calcium, the dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants that support cardiovascular health.
- Whip the cream to firm peaks.
- Place the water and sugar into medium sized saucepan over low heat, allow the sugar to dissolve. Increase the heat to high and bring to 121c (no colour).
- Meanwhile place the egg and yolks in a kitchen aid bowl with whisk attachment. Whisk on high until pale and aerated. Reduce speed to medium and add syrup in a steady stream, continue to whisk to room temperature.
- Place the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and melt over low heat.
- Add the chocolate to the egg mix and then fold in the cream- mixing until just combined.
- Place in a piping bag and pipe into serving dish/glass. Set in the fridge.