Eggplant, Roasted Tomato and ‘Rag’ Pasta with Buffalo Mozzarella
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Place tomatoes, cut-sides up, on a baking tray, then scatter with 1 tablespoon of the oregano, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for anywhere between 1–4 hours, depending on the level of moisture of the tomatoes.
- Working in batches, fry eggplant in a splash of olive oil in a hot frying pan until cooked, then drain on paper towels. Place warm eggplant, garlic, remaining oregano and basil in a bowl and toss.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil for the pasta and add a generous amount of salt. Cook for about 3 minutes, then drain and tip back into the pan (you may also want to reserve a little of the cooking water to bind the sauce) and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place pasta, eggplant mixture, roasted tomatoes and half of the mozzarella in a large bowl, season to taste and gently combine.
- Divide pasta between plates, top with the remaining mozzarella, then serve with a final drizzle of olive oil and perhaps a few extra basil leaves.