From Maggie’s Recipes for Life
Preparation 5 minutes Cooking 2 minutes Makes 4 serves as a side dish
Cost Low Season Summer Ability Easy Can Best fresh
Equipment Mandolin or sharp knife, bbq or grill plate
You might think of zucchini as an afterthought but I find them invaluable. They are so easy to grow and embarrassingly abundant but do pick them when they’re small to get them at their very best. They are grilled here (and have a great flavour because of it), but if you slice freshly picked zucchini very thinly you can serve it raw with exactly the same vinaigrette.
- Preheat a barbecue grill to high.
- Using a large sharp knife or mandolin, cut the zucchini lengthways into 3 mm thick slices.
- Place in a bowl with the olive oil and lemon zest, then season with salt and pepper and toss to coat well.
- Grill for 1 minute each side, then place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with verjuice, scatter with mint leaves and serve.