Flavour and protein in this old fashion favourite with a twist
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 200c
- Place a medium pot over medium heat, add the oil, onion and a large pinch of sea salt flakes, gently cook until soft without colour.
- Add the chopped garlic and thyme, cook for a further 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the onion mix, walnut, parsley and parmesan- blend to combine leaving some texture, add the lemon, tomatoes, ricotta and egg, pulse just to combine.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and stir in the lentils, season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the mushrooms by removing the core and lightly peeling. Place on a baking parchment lined oven tray and fill each with approximately 40g mix, press down lightly. Drizzle with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving warm
- Preparation 20 minutes
- Cooking 20-25 minutes
- Cost $0.88 each (based on supermarket prices)
- Equipment stove, oven, food processor
- Best baked and served fresh (prep ahead)
- Season Autumn
- Ability medium
- Makes approx. 480g (40g mix per 35g trimmed flat mushroom = 12 serves)
|Serving Size: One mushroom Yield: 12 serves|
|Per Serving||Per 100g|
|- Saturated (g)||1.8||2.4|
|- Sugars (g)||2.2||2.9|