Flavours zing in this cheesecake; residents will delight in the creamy yoghurt filling, served with a fresh orange and strawberry puree – textures that are sure to soothe the mouth and delight the soul.
TIP: Make extra base and freeze, you can use gluten free flour in the base for a GF option. For Texture Modified version remove set without the base.
Preheat the oven to 170C, line an oven tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, place the flour, ground almonds, salt and sugar, rub in the butter to form crumbs. Place onto the parchement lined tray and bake until golden 20 - 30minutes, turn occasionally, allow to cool.
- Grease and line a 20cm spring form tin with parchment paper. Place the cooled crumble into a bowl and mix with the beurre noisette butter, press firmly and evenly over the base of the prepared tin, place into the fridge to set
- Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water
- In a small pot place the honey, lemon juice and orange juice, bring to the boil, remove from the heat and add the squeezed out gelatin, stir to dissolve, set aside to cool slightly
- Place the yoghurt, evaporated milk and zest into a bowl, add the gelatin mix, whisk to combine, pour over base
- Set in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Place the liquid/ puree and agar in a small pan whisk over medium heat until agar has dissolved and mix has come to the boil. Pour into a container or bowl and leave to set in the fridge
- Once set, place in a high powered blender and blend until a smooth puree is formed, you may need to add a little juice if struggling to puree.