A great way to utilize less than ripe fruit, the roasting process softens the peaches and bring out their perfume and flavour.
- Pre heat a fan forced oven to 200c
- Halve the fruit and remove the seeds and any bruised flesh, then scoop out a little extra flesh, to make a bigger hollow. (Chop the scooped flesh)
- Finely chop two-thirds of the almonds, then mix the chopped flesh with chopped almonds, ginger, butter, lemon zest and ground ginger. Combine well to make a paste, then pile it into the cavities in the peach halves.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until the fruit is tender and still holding its shape.
- Scatter with the remaining almonds and serve hot, warm or cold with any juices and a splash of cream, if desired.