Such a comforting flavour combination that needn’t be lost to those with swallowing difficulties!
Suitable for diets Level 7 to level 4.
Amanda Orchard founded Texture Modified Food Solutions to assist those preparing and serving meals to individuals dealing with swallowing difficulties.
See Amanda’s website for more. https://texturedfoods.com/
- Place bread into the toaster and toast.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and add toast, jam, peanut butter & cinnamon.
- Over a low heat bring the milk to a gentle simmer. Once this occurs, remove from the heat, set aside and steep for 30 min.
- During this time pre-heat oven to 160 degrees and boil kettle.
- Once milk infusion has steeped for 30 min, strain through a sieve and whisk in sugar until its dissolves.
- Whisk the eggs then slowly pour in milk infusion while continuing to whisk until all combined
- Pour custard mix into individual ramekins and place in a baking dish. Pour boiling water from the kettle into the baking dish to 50% full to create a water bath
- Carefully place baking dish into the oven and bake for 15-25 min or until custard is just set.
- To make the coulis place berries, sugar and water in a pan and bring to a gentle simmer over a medium heat. Puree with stick blender then sieve to remove seeds. Thicken to a level 4.
- Carefully remove custard from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 to 10 min. Pour/spoon over coulis & serve!