It’s hard to beat a crumble, especially one with buttered sweet pears and decadent dark chocolate!
DID YOU KNOW This dessert provides four times the amount of energy and three times the fibre of a serving of tinned fruit and ice cream.
THE BENEFITS Pears contain vitamin C, B2 and potassium, great for strengthening the body’s immune system and helping with regular functions including energy metabolism and fluid balance . Dark chocolate has a range of health benefits, it can reduce risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes and may even help reduce the amount of stress hormones the body makes. Almonds are a great source of calcium, folic acid, magnesium and vitamin E, perfect for bone health, immune function and healthy skin. Lastly, the humble oat provides soluble fibre and can help stabilise blood glucose levels by providing slowly released energy.
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Place the sugar, flour, almond meal and butter in the food processor, pulse until the butter starts to bring the mix together.
- Add the oats and salt, mix until crumble consistency (do not over work or the mix will form large clumps)
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, slice the pears, heat the butter in the pan and add the pear slices.
- Sauté until golden (depending on the pears this may take up to 30 minutes.)
- Place pears into a 25cm baking dish, sprinkle over the chocolate and grated orange zest.
- Top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with cream