A flavour filled spin on an all-round pleaser!
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180c, lightly grease a 22cm oven proof round dish or similar
- Place a frypan over medium heat, add oil, sliced onion and large pinch on sea salt, cook without colour until soft, about 10 minutes. Add rosemary and bacon, cook for a further 5 minutes or until bacon is cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the chopped tarragon.
- In a separate large frypan over high heat, add oil and sauté the mushrooms until tender.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and begin to layer in the oven dish. Top with the 1/3 onion, mushrooms and cream, season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan repeat, finishing with a layer of potato. Spread the ricotta over the top and a combination of breadcrumbs and tarragon. Finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Place into the pre heated oven and bake for 40-60 minutes or until tender and golden. If colouring too quickly cover with foil.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before serving warm
- Preparation 30 minutes
- Cooking 45-60 minutes
- Cost $1.33 per 12g serve (based on supermarket prices)
- Makes 1.6kg raw, 1.2kg cooked (120g serves = 10 serves)
- Best Can bake a day ahead
- Season Autumn
- Ability Medium
- Equipment Stove, mandolin, oven
|Serving Size: 120g Yield: 10 serves|
|Per Serving||Per 100g|
|- Saturated (g)||11.5||9.6|
|- Sugars (g)||3.4||2.9|