Perfectly spiced, easy to make, moist and delicious, spoil your residents!
Tip; Roast extra pumpkin at meal time, ready to whip up these scones next day.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 230c and line 4 oven trays with parchment paper
- Spread the peeled and chopped pumpkin over two of the prepared trays, drizzle with olive oil and cook for 30 minutes. Pour over the Verjuice and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven, allow to cool before mashing; weigh 275g
- Reduce the oven temperature to 220c
- Sieve together the flour, ginger, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, stir in the chopped dates.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the sour cream, eggs, 275g mashed pumpkin, ginger beer and buttermilk.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and use a large metal spoon to fold in the wet mix- just bring together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and gently bring together. Press the dough to approximately 3cm thickness. Flour your 5.5cm round cutter and cut rounds as close together as possible. Divide the scones onto the lined trays leaving 1cm gap between each scone.
- Lightly dust with flour and place into the oven
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool slightly on a rack. Serve warm with butter.
- Cost Approximately $0.25 per 65g scone
- Season Autumn/winter
- Ability Medium
- Can Best fresh
- Equipment Oven
|Serving Size: 1 scone Yield: 30 scones|
|Per Serving||Per 100g|
|- Saturated (g)||4.4||4.6|
|- Sugars (g)||6.2||6.6|