THE BENEFITS… Eggs are a compact and versatile source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals, in fact eggs are one of the few vegetarian sources of Vitamin D which is so essential for healthy bones. Combined with calcium-rich cheese and the fresh flavours of chard, asparagus and caramelised onion, this frittata is a flavour filled nutrient rich anytime meal!
Cost $2.07 per serve (based on retail prices) Season Spring Ability Easy Equipment Stove & Oven
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180c.
- Grease and line a 20cm oven-safe frypan or similar with parchment paper (have overlap up the sides- so you can easily lift out of the pan to serve)
- Place a large shallow saucepan on the stove over medium heat, add the olive oil, sliced onions and a good pinch of salt, cook without colour stirring regularly, until soft and caramelised (10 minutes).
- Add the butter and finely chopped garlic, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the apple cider vinegar.
- Increase the heat to high and add the finely chopped stalks and leaves of the chard/silverbeet, toss to wilt and evaporate off water. Take the mix and spread evenly over the base of the prepared fry pan.
- Meanwhile –trim the stalks off the asparagus, cut into inch pieces and place in a microwave safe container with a splash of water. Place the lid on and cook for 1.5 minutes, cool slightly before draining. Spread over the chard mix.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the lemon thyme, eggs and pepper, pour into frypan.
- Top with the grated parmesan and crumbled goats or fetta cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until set and golden 25-35minutes. (You may need to grill the top if the mix is cooked and the top not golden)
- Remove from the oven, allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving with salad.