Warm gingerbread pudding with caramel sauce
In the lead up to Christmas please the palates of your elders with this ginger spiced pudding. Carrots and ground almonds keep the pudding moist and the bittersweet decadent caramel sauce provides that luxurious touch, even better with a scoop of ice-cream that begins to melt on the side.
1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 175c, grease and line a 20cm round tin with parchment paper
2. Place the egg, oil, treacle and sugar in the bowl of a mixing machine- beat on high for 2 minutes
3. Sieve the flour, spice and soda into a large bowl, add salt and almonds
4. Add flour to the whisked egg mix, along with the carrot and water- mix until combined
5. Pour into the prepared mold and bake for 40-50minutes or until cooked through and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a rack
6. SAUCE- Place the sugar and water in a medium sized saucepan- bring to the boil and simmer until turned to a golden caramel colour, remove from the heat and add the cream (carefully as the mix may spit), whisk to combine and then return to the stove on low to simmer for 1-2 minutes or until smooth
7. Serve a slice of warmed pudding with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.