Maggie’s last minute simple yet tasty meal, with the salty anchovies, aromatic basil and creamy ricotta.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180c
- Toast the walnuts on a baking tray for 8-10 minutes, pour into a clean tea towel and rub off skins while still warm. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions until al dente.
- Drain and return to the pan, then add 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, place the zucchini in a microwave-safe container with a lid. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and microwave on high for 60 seconds. Alternatively, add the zucchini to a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 2 minutes only, then drain.
- Add the cooked zucchini and anchovies to the hot pasta and toss to combine well. Divide between serving bowls, then scatter with the toasted walnuts.
- Gather the basil or parsley in a tight wad in your hand and finely shred the leaves with a very sharp knife, almost in a shaving action. Scatter over the pasta, followed by the ricotta and serve immediately.
- Ability Easy
- Season Summer
- Cost $2.01 based in 4 serves (approx.)
- Can Best cooked fresh on the day
- Equipment Oven, Stove, microwave (optional)